Terms & Conditions of Sale
Each and every Contract of Sale entered into by Halotiles & Bathrooms / Tom Doyle Supplies Retail and Commercial (hereinafter called “the supplier”) with any other party (hereinafter called “the customer”) is subject to the conditions hereinafter set out.
- The Contract shall be deemed to be made by the Supplier and the Customer at the office of the Supplier.
- The Supplier will use its best endeavours to deliver the goods at the date and within the times specified in the Contract. The Supplier however, shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by the Customer as a consequence of the Supplier failing (for whatever reason) to deliver the goods at the date or within the time specified in the Contract.
- Where in respect of any goods the subject of any sale made by the Supplier, the Supplier delivers to the Customer a guarantee given by a manufacturer or any other supplier of the goods, the Supplier shall not be bound by any such guarantee and shall not be liable for the observance of or the failure to observe the terms of any such guarantee has the same meaning as in the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act1980.
- The supplier shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused by or resulting from non-compliance by the Supplier with Section 13 of the Sale of Goods Act, 1983 and 1980 save where the Supplier ‘s failure shall have been due to lack of reasonable care or lack of due diligence on its part complying with said Section.
- If the Customer alleges that the goods or any part thereof are not in accordance with the Contract it shall give notice to the Supplier within one week of receipt of goods of such allegation and afford the Supplier a facility to inspect the goods and to investigate the complaint before the goods are used, processed, sold or otherwise dealt with by the Customer.
- The amount of the price to be paid is that specified on the face of the Contract/Invoice/Order Form or calculated in accordance with the formula therein specified. Such amount shall not be subject to any discount or deduction except as agreed in writing between the Customer and the Supplier. The value Added Tax payable in respect of the goods is payable by the Customer. If the Supplier extends credit to the Customer on any Contract, the Customer shall pay the Contract price in full within 30 days from date of invoice.
- In the event of any account or part thereof being outstanding for any period in excess of that provided for in Clause 6 herein the credit and administration fee chargeable at 1% per month on all amounts outstanding other than amounts invoiced in the current month until payment is received.
- Each part delivery or instalment of the goods shall be deemed to be sold under a separate Contract and no default by the Supplier in respect of any part delivery or instalment shall entitle the Customer to treat the Contract ass repudiated in regard to any balance or instalment remaining deliverable.
- The property in the goods the subject of any Contract between the Supplier and the Customer shall not pass to the Customer until the full amount of the purchase price of the goods have been paid in full. In default of payment title shall remain with the Supplier and pending payment in full by the Customer, the Supplier shall be entitled to repossess the goods without notice.
- The Customer is obliged to take reasonable care of the goods to which the Supplier retains title and to insure them against loss and damage at its cost. Such insurance shall cover the insurable interest of the Supplier.
- The Supplier shall not be liable for loss or damage of any kind whatever caused by or resulting from any delay in the delivery of the goods or the performance of any order under this sale where such delay arises by reason of lockouts, strikes, trade disputes, breakdown of plant, fire, ice or other unexpected exceptional cause existing either at the Supplier’s workplace or elsewhere or by reason of the non availability or the failure of the Supplier to obtain materials or parts or by reason of any breakdown, accident or any cause whatsoever beyond the control of the Supplier.
- The Supplier shall be entitled without prejudice to its other rights and remedies either to terminate wholly or partly every Contract between itself and the Customer or to suspend any further deliveries under any or every Contract if:-
- Any debt is overdue and unpaid by the Customer to the Supplier or
- The Customer has failed to provide any letter of credit, bill of exchange or any other security required by the Contract or
- The customer has rejected, returned or failed to take delivery of any goods delivered by the Supplier otherwise than in accordance with the Customer’s contractual rights. Or
- The customer being a body corporate becomes insolvent or passes a resolution or suffers an Order of the Court to be made for its winding up or has a Receiver appointed or carries out or undergoes any analogous act or proceedings under foreign law or being an individual or partnership become insolvent or suspends payment in whole or in part or proposes to enter into any composition or arrangement with his or their creditors or has had a Receiving Order in Bankruptcy made against him or them or carries out or undergoes any analogous act or proceedings foreign law.
- Quotations are valid for one month from date of issue
- Any Invoice with a value of €500. Or less, to be delivered to the customer, will incur a delivery charge.
- Due to reasons beyond our control, manual handling of goods by our delivery person on site is no longer permitted. Goods will now be placed as near as possible to the required location of the customer, by using a forklift. Our delivery person is no longer permitted to manually place goods inside the customer’s premises.
- Tiles can only be sold in full boxes quantities.
Return of Goods
- Charging date and Invoice number must be given. Goods accepted for credit by prior arrangement.20% Handling Charge on Returned Goods. Goods not in original condition and packaging will not be accepted for return.
- Special Orders will not be accepted for return.
- Seller’s liability shall not exceed the invoice price of the goods in regard to which a complaint is made.
- End of line stock will not be accepted for return.
- No tile returns will be accepted unless the Supplier currently holds tiles with the same tone/calibre as the returns.
- Any goods to be returned must be returned within two weeks from date of invoice.
- Any items sold at reduced prices during a sale will not be accepted for return.
Only Full boxes of tiles can be returned.